F: Deleting Keys and Values from Registry Editor Using Registry Script File "Export" option of Registry Editor only allows to create registry scripts which can add/modify registry keys and values.

Scripting: Script needed to delete registry key value

Note that the second parameter True is used to indicate whether the key is writable. I've tried Microsoft's program for remapping. Create a new registry key; Add a value to a registry key and assign data to it; Modify an existing value assignment; The RegWrite() method has the following syntax. This is important to note when parsing user names with a batch file, vbscript, or other coding tool. Referring back to figure 1, there is a value called LogPixels which has data of type REG_DWORD and value 96. The registry value types are: String (REG_SZ): A fixed-length text string. I get the error: "unable to remove registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\cal1" This key has nothing in it, just empty. Launch the registry editor by typing regedit in a Run box. Framework 4.5 or later installed. The Windows registry is a repository used by the operating system to store information about every aspect of the computer's hardware and software. Trying to set the value from false to true. The registry key, shown below because when I copied it here it would remove part of the last key, contains a "Name" MaxCapacity which has a hex value of 33f4.

Reveal Search Form Reveal Off-canvas Navigation. Repeat the above instructions for RegisteredOrganization. The RTFM will repeatedly save you time looking up the hard to remember Windows nuances such as Windows wmic and dsquery command line tools, key registry values, scheduled tasks syntax, startup locations and Windows scripting. My task: Create VB script to accept PC names from a text file, process each host name to get Registry key value of individual host name and finally export them to a text file or an excel sheet having registry key value against each pc. I want to pull key value of LSFORCEHOST located in HKCU/Environment of each PC and export this value against each pc in a text or Excel file. Use the same process as adding a script, using CMD /c REG ADD. Well i upgraded from an iso. In order to get the JRE versions installed on the system and place them into a combo box, you can use two custom actions: a VBScript custom action which reads the JRE versions from the registry and the predefined PopulateComboBox custom action. After testing the script on my device, everything went good, however, after I uploaded the script to Intune I was surprised to find out that, even though running the script succeeded - the registry values were not modified at all. So what he wants to do is be able to fix all these computers that he has on his network through the registry because he can't walk these clients through the procedures, they don't have the capacity to do so. Loop Statements Do-Loop, FOR-Next, For Each, While. Premium Content You need a subscription to watch. The default (also maximum) Value data = 0xFFFF.

Create or import them from your Registry or REG files straight into your MSI package. It is encoded in the registry, presumably to avoid having people decoding and re-using it. If you Google the subject, there are people that have figured out how to decode the product key. Value [, Type]) ObjectReference is the variable representing an instance of the WshShell object. Math functions Cos, Sin, Log, Fix, VariableSubtype. Sign in Sign up Instantly share code, notes, and snippets. Get Hex value of a Registry Key via VBScirpt. For example, an early bug in Windows 10 made two-finger scrolling on the touchpad on some Lenovo laptops. The server can verify that signature (since it has your public key) and allow you to log in. Now if the server is hacked or spoofed, the attacker does not gain your private. For Windows 10 Customer Systems, you may use the OEM Store ID alone or in combination with a Store Content Modifier (SCM) to identify an OEM brand for the OEM Store. In the above mentioned key path, "Explorer" key is mentioned at the end, so the line will only delete "Explorer" key from registry. The user should be in the format \. Dictionaries are frequently used when some items need to be stored and recovered by name.

Type must be one of the following: REG_SZ REG_MULTI_SZ REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN REG_DWORD REG_BINARY REG_DWORD_LITTLE_ENDIAN REG_LINK REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR REG_EXPAND_SZ /s Specifies the. I think the problem here was that the macro did not have permission to write to the registry. Step 4: Right-click on the newly created key and create another key and name it "command" EXACTLY. Embed Embed this gist in your website. KEY_WOW64_32KEY (0x0200) Indicates that an application on 64-bit Windows should operate on the 32-bit registry view. I specialize in Windows operating systems. RegRead I can only read one value, but I don't know. How to read the (Default) value from registry in VBScript? Get Microsoft Office 2020 and Windows 7 Product Keys from Registry Estimated reading time of this article: 3 minutes How to get Microsoft Office 2020 and Windows 7 Product Keys from WindowsRegistry? That won't work. Essentially I have to run a script that will pull a value from the registry. Press F8 key while you are in WinPE phase.

The configuration is quite simple and quick. First I will say the scenario of my application. Check out how to read registry on a remote computer with only a few lines of PowerShell. The full path to the "parent" key is: HKEY_USERS\UserSID\Software\FileNET\IDM\Pref erences\Li braries\De faultIMS: A IT: FileNet If the string value Parent\Label = "AIT" then delete the 7. Value End Select Note that you need the same for handling the data returned in. Read a value from the Registry Syntax strValue = [HOST]d( strRegistryKey\) strValue = [HOST]d(strRegistryValue) Key objShell A WScript. Once a connection to the registry provider is made, the rest of the script sets up the key value name and the key value to change. This registry value controls whether updates can be installed from non-admin privileged user accounts. I found it very easy to check if a registry value. HKLM: \ The colon here mimics calling the physical drive C: \ Part 2 – List the ImagePath Values for the Services. Operators Math, comparison, logical AND OR NOT. Script List Registry Values and Types This site uses cookies for analytics, personalized content and ads.

Select the key inside the Full subkey. So I've been looking atways to do it via registry. First, the code which you posted (using the GetVolumeInformation function) return the serial number assigned by windows when you format a disk. Remapping key FROM REGISTRY My 'delete' key doesn't work anymore. If you need to add a registry entry to a Windows PC most often techs will simply export the key and entries they want and then use the REGEDIT /S command to push that entry onto another PC. If your mailbox is located on Exchange Server 2020 or newer (including Office 365 Exchange Online), the Exchange administrator can configure similar behavior on the server. Friday, May 13, 2020 9: 36 AM. Answers text/html 5. In this example, we add keys for the OEM Windows Store program. There are various ways how to parse a password. A folder in the registry is name "key" and the elements in this key. I need a VBScript to rename a registry key. Get answers from your peers along with millions of IT pros who visit Spiceworks.

GetStringValue method of the StdRegProv class

Important: Note that the following method simply decodes the DigitalProductId registry value to get the retail product key. HTB23099 (CVE-2020-3806, CVE-2020-3807, CVE-2020-3808, CVE-2020-3809, CVE-2020-3810): Multiple vulnerabilities in Samsung Kies. I'd like to specify the key to search in. Have been using regfind batch scipt but it is giving me issue with some registry keys. Value) for reading a key or value from the registry. But if you want to create a registry script which can delete an existing key or value from registry, then you'll need to modify the registry script. You can use [HOST] files to remotely distribute registry changes to several Windows-based computers. RegistryBooster is the easy answer to Windows registry problems. The Advanced and Hibernate options are stored in the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg\GlobalPowerPolicy\Policies. This mission is difficult and success will depend on attention to detail. For them String is String, but it makes a big difference for the Registry. Then, when the server asks you to prove who you are, WinSCP can generate a signature using your private key. PARAMETER Path (Required) The path to the object on which you wish to change ownership.

Script Create or Modify registry key values remotely

File with Regedit Export. Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere. Our mission is to create a script that will change values in the registry. Follow these steps: List all the Default Environment Variables $. Propagation via Physical/Removable/Floppy Drives. To modify registry data, a program must use the registry functions that are defined in Registry Functions. Hi, Any body has VB script to modify the binary value in registry. Next: Tengo una macro en vbscript y deseo convertirla en hascript. The correct registry key for a click to run installation used by Office 365 subscribers and retail purchasers (which covers most users) is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Office\ ClickToRun\ REGISTRY\ MACHINE\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows. There is no group policy as such to disable Sticky keys but here is the registry that controls it: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\StickyKeys\Flags="506" (by default the value is 510) You can use logon script, custom ADM or Group Policy preference to change this registry key. This is due to an incorrect registry entry for the preview handler. Ask the user for a serial code during install.

For system accounts, such as System, the user should be specified as "NT AUTHORITY. Share Copy sharable link for this gist. So lets say i want to check if a key "TestKey" is present or not under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\[HOST] i m not talking about using a script which tells if a registry value is present or not under a registry key. How to add a registry key/value One thing that I think I forget to notice. Clearly, it is better than a lot of mousing around; but still, it is cumbersome. Niklas Goude is a Security Consultant at TrueSec and an MVP in Windows PowerShell. Get code examples like "excel vba read registry key value" instantly right from your google search results with the Grepper Chrome Extension. Hex to ASCII Text Converter. VbsEdit contains all these sample scripts! Next: Set-ADAccountPassword issues. Use the Windows user interface. If you know how to find out the path from registry key, please let.

Check Registry For Key Value – Windows PowerShell Script
1 PS Script to traverse entire registry / search values 18%
2 Q and A - Script Create or Modify registry key values remotely 92%
3 How to use Environment Variables keep your secret keys 96%
4 1. General Administration - Windows Server Hacks [Book] 66%
5 Scripting: Getting Printers and Addresses from Registry 15%
6 SOLVED: Command Line Script To Add or Delete a Registry 39%
7 Topic: How do I enable VBScript? @ AskWoody 65%
8 Some sample registry get/set/monitor examples in VB Script 1%
9 Hacked by UC?? ? - Google Groups 28%
10 Hacked by ( My computor) - Google Groups 20%

But again, this is the key for Project and Microsoft Office 2020 installation verifies this with the message: This key is for Microsoft Project 2020. I perform the same basic steps I used to create the registry key, but I use the New-ITemProperty cmdlet instead of the New-Item cmdlet, as follows: I use the Push-Location cmdlet to store my current location. The REG DELETE command has the following variations. This means when running a script as SYSTEM on a computer with an interactive logon I can easily modify a registry value inside of the user SID registry key in HKEY_USERS which is the same thing as HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Custom action fails for deleting a registry key using VBScript. I also have not found it defined on any WS2003 systems. An environment variable is a KEY=value pair that is stored on the local system where your code/app is being run and is accessible from within your code. I need to know if the key exists. Can someone point me in the right direction to write a script that will read a registry key for all of the machines in an active directory OU. I have the code to go through all of the machines in the OU, just need to be able to get a registry value also. Registry using Command Prompt. If you reference a registry key, but no value, you will get back the (default) value. Im also not sure if even.

How to Work with Windows Registry with WSH?

All of the security shares etc work correctly and I have tried using both the psexec tool and the in built remote registry functionality. Using the right provider you can even access the registry as if it was a file structure. If you want to remove any key or string/DWORD value from registry script file, you can delete its line from the file. What the heck does this key want from me? I suck with batch files could someone please help me with a startup batch file script which will modify the following registry key value. Open a Command Prompt window and run the following command: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey. I have edited the code with your guide, but I will get this error: "Type mismatch: 'totalDigits). Syntax strValue = [HOST]d(strRegistryKey\) strValue = [HOST]d(strRegistryValue) Key objShell A [HOST] object The Registry key or value must start with one of: HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKCU HKEY_USERS HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKLM HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT or HKCR HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG. But the product key is a different matter entirely, as this is not something you are supposed to be able to get back. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ ***UNKNOWN***\DisplayName ^^^^^ How can I get the subkeys of. Const HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT = &H80000000. Have you ever needed to read/write a 64-bit registry key in VBScript?

GitHub Gist: instantly share code, notes, and snippets. VBScript is supported just by Microsoft's Internet Explorer while other browsers (Firefox and Chrome) support just JavaScript. This technique was first seen in this post. Open the Group Policy Management panel and create a new Group Policy Object: Give it a name: Go to the Settings tab. Seeker of Knowledge * 0 275 posts; Posted March 28, 2020 @AaronXP. We need to use the RegRead() method for reading a registry. Each key in a single Dictionary object must be unique. I suppose you use REGEDIT and then use FIND to grovel thru the list (or get a port of GNU grep for Win32 and serach using a regular expression). Because GEL had to work on both operating systems, it used the Windows 98 method, asking for a UTF-8 string (step 1 on the text diagram), and expanded the text later (step 2). Updated: A system administrator proved to be the weak link, opening the door for Lazarus to attack. HKLM\Software\MyCo /v Data /t REG_BINARY /d fe340ead. QTP Script: Register a procedure with an object class; QTP Script: Read all the data from an Excel file; QTP Script: Read a value from a key in the registry; QTP Script: Example of how to read a text file lin.

Premium Content You need a subscription to comment. You'll find a string of numbers once you locate the correct registry key, but what you'll find is encrypted text, not a working Office product key you can enter. For example, an early bug in Windows 10 made two-finger scrolling on the touchpad on some Lenovo laptops stop working. The trick is to use reflection to access private methods defined in the WindowsPreference class. I have some code currently but all I have is keys and 1 layer of subkeys. Next we check the strDisplayName variable to see if the key is for the program we are looking for. Basically I need it to search all sub-keys in a specific path and if it finds a key (not a value inside the key but they key name itself) it removes it. SHGetFolderPath or SHGetKnownFolderPath function instead". The problem I am having is that the command ignores the portion where I specify the value to query. BrowseForFolder/Open Array(el1, el2, el3) Add values to an Array variable Arguments Command line arguments Asc(String) Return ASCII code for string AscB(String) Return the byte code for a character AscW(String) Return Unicode code for string b Beep - see. QTP Script: Read a value from a key in the registry; QTP Script: Example of how to read a text file lin. C# - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects; Updated: 23 Nov 2020.

There is an easy way that you can use to retrieve the embedded product key info right from a command line. The code sample above creates a subkey called MyApp under HKLM\Software. TMG) Review Migration endpoint and ensure that MaxConcurrentMigrations are set to a reasonable number for your infrastructure, currently using 35 and 25. To rename a registry key, right-click or tap-and-hold on the key and choose Rename. One way to avoid this and to enable the ability to make changes on multiple. Because this new feature is handled by the. Rem # This script determines the volume label of the optical drive (actually, this will probably rem # work with no-cd-hacks and virtual drives as well) containing your RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 rem # CD and then checks to make sure the proper value is in the registry. Okay i upgraded windows 7 from an iso about 6 months ago, but it said i was qualified for the windows 10 upgrade then. Free Product Keys and Serial Numbers. I have the below script that I want it to go out to multiple servers and get the value of a registry. Power Spy software lets you know EXACTLY what others do on your PC while you are away. Editing Registry Keys via HTA / VBSCRIPT Editing Registry Keys via HTA / VBSCRIPT zendainc (TechnicalUser) (OP) 4 Feb 11 01: 13.

Get-WmiObject -ClassName Win32_UserProfile. Thanks so much, in advance. How to add a registry key using VBScript? Array Variables VBScript array variables. I can't figure out how to check to see if a given value actually exists though. Syntax REG QUERY [ROOT\]RegKey /v ValueName [/s] REG QUERY [ROOT\]RegKey /ve -This returns the (default) value Where RegKey is the key which needs to be searched for in the registry. This code runs fine on accounts with admin access, but will not run for standard users. Then select menu option [View] [Display Binary Data]. Method 2: Find Windows 10 Product Key with VB Script. KEY1 But i want to delete a specific value in that Key help needed. Script Description: This script will create a registry key by first creating a registry value underneath the desired key, then delete that value, thereby leaving the parent key. Windows operating system.

4 Ways to Make Your Program Always Run as Administrator

Convert String to Hex (Text to Hex) Online and Save and Share. I have included links to 8 keys in my registry, 4 as seen by Administrator and 4 as seen by General. We provide the subkey path and the value name and the data is returned in the strDisplayName variable.

The easiest way to find your Adobe Acrobat DC or Acrobat X serial number is with a product key finder program. Posted: 11 May 05 (Edited 24 Jun 12) Below are three functions which check - If a registry KEY exists - If a registry VALUE exists - If a registry item exists (key or value, depending on what you pass it). If you run one of the above scripts on a single computer as-is, it will enumerate all of the subkeys under HKEY_USERS, and then it will insert the desired registry key and value (the reg key and value are defined at the top of the script) into each of the HKEY_USERS subkeys for any actual user who has logged on to the computer. The problem with using Get-ChildItem to interrogate the registry is that you cannot view the values of a particular key. To set a key instead of a value terminate strRegName with a backslash character \ strRegName must start with one of HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKCU HKEY_USERS HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKLM HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT or HKCR HKEY_CURRENT. Idea is to make it invisible to the user in Vista, and Kaseya is one of the only ways i have found to suppress the Annoying vista "Did you do this" message. Forum: Search: FAQs: Links: MVPs: Menu. Think this is my target key in registry: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\Majid\0] "GUID"=hex: 60, de, 2a, 56, 51, b2, e0, 11, 80, 01, 44, 45, 53, 54, 00, 00 as you can see GUID has a hex value, I want to tell a vb-script to go to this key and stores its hex data into a variable. I'd like to remap it to the 'insert' key. I've managed to find the current resolution under: Text. In Ruby, when a registry key is enclosed in a double-quoted string (" "), the same backslash character (\) that is used to. Lots of user-specific software entries are listed in this registry key.

But, this only works if Registry Key/SubKey (that you intends to read/modify) already exists. See the following articles for details on the values used in the regini script: How to Use [HOST] to Set Permissions on Registry Keys. Get back to us with some specifics. Please see the links: Registry as seen in Administrator. In this post, first we will look at the small overview of what a Registry is and then we will look into, how to create Registry Key/SubKey and set the value if it does not exists. His script was reading a reg_binary type registry key, modifying its value and was 'attempting' to write it back to registry. Update registry key batch script. Hey all - Im trying to write some uninstall code for an app, but unfortuantely I cant use Add/Remove programs, and I need to use MSIExec. Tags: hkey_current_user registry edit registry. Microsoft released a similar update for Windows 10 on July 9, 2020. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version in the example above) Select the DigitalProductID value name. The Get-RegistryKey cmdlet is used to retrieve registry keys and values from a local or remote computer.

I'm an Information Technology manager for a Fortune 500 company. However, I appreciate that most people ignore my advice, so: Option Explicit Dim intHive Dim strComputer Dim strKeyPath Const HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT = &H80000000 Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox\57.0 More on HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Again, in Registry Editor, these entries are shown as files on the right side. Note 1: Observe the colon in the syntax. I have scanned dozens of XPSP2 systems. Right-click on Computer Configuration or User Configuration and select Edit: You can deploy the Registry Key on. As you can see GUID has a hex value, I want to tell a vb-script to go to this key and stores its hex data into a variable. I am using the RegQueryInfoKey API and my code to retireve a DateTime object is. What I meant by "full path" is the location of where the registry key been installed. Summary: Guest blogger, Niklas Goude, talks about using Windows PowerShell to decrypt LSA Secrets from the registry to gain access to domain admin rights. This script will get the Windows product key from the value 'DigitalProductId' located in the registry: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows.

Serial code validation, SKUs. Star (7) Downloaded 6, 488 times. Again this step can also be modified to specify a program other than notepad. October 2020 yorch 1 Comment. How to Take Ownership (Permission) of a Registry Key in Windows - Last updated on August 22, 2020 by VG. Many times we post Windows tutorials which require taking ownership and assign full permission on a particular registry key. Remember if you want to remove any particular key from the file, also remove all string/DWORD values mentioned under it. E: Combining Multiple Registry Script Files. Set WshShell = [HOST]Object("[HOST]") KEY1 = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ENVIRONMENT\" [HOST]ete KEY1 But i want to delete a specific value in that Key help needed. Registry Editor is a useful tool to recover the lost Windows 10 product key, but you need to be careful not modify it and you can't get the lost key directly. Assign the user Send as permissions then save the email to the secondary account's Sent Items folder using rules or a registry value, or add the second account as an IMAP account. Firstly in the Set-Item documentation notes section it states: In the Registry drives, HKLM: and HKCU, Set-Item changes the data in the (Default) value of a. Sub ChangeCommentWith() Dim myRegKey As String Dim myValue As String Dim myFileAs As String Dim myAnswer As Integer 'get registry key to work with myRegKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\MailSettings\MarkComments" If myRegKey = "" Then Exit Sub 'check if key exists If RegKeyExists(myRegKey) = True Then 'key exists, read it myValue = RegKeyRead(myRegKey) If myValue. Build list of remote servers from AD - the following pulls out all server that are server 2020 R2.

This is because part of the registry (https://sobes20.ru/content/uploads/files/download/get-registry-key-value-vb-script.zip) has separate 64-bit and 32-bit parts, with 32-bit part used by the 32-bit application executed under WoW64. If you want to change a specific entry in a registry (https://sobes20.ru/content/uploads/files/download/get-registry-key-value-vb-script.zip) key, you can use one of several possible approaches. USBSTOR key in the registry (https://sobes20.ru/content/uploads/files/download/get-registry-key-value-vb-script.zip) to get a list of USB storage devices that have been use on a machine. I need to know if just the key exists. The _Classes keys can be ignored. To rename a registry (https://sobes20.ru/content/uploads/files/download/get-registry-key-value-vb-script.zip) key, right-click or tap-and-hold on the key and choose [HOST] the registry (https://sobes20.ru/content/uploads/files/download/get-registry-key-value-vb-script.zip) key a new name and then press Enter. Have you also ever needed to delete a key with sub keys? It always returning "null". These kinds of programs automatically search your computer for the product keys and serial numbers that your software programs store in the registry (https://sobes20.ru/content/uploads/files/download/get-registry-key-value-vb-script.zip), Adobe Acrobat included. NOACCESS denies Full Control to the key, which effectively prevents any type of access. From what I have read, this is very difficult. Using some simple methods that involve PowerShell, Command Prompt, and Windows Registry, you can easily find Windows product key.

Finding and uninstalling applications using VBScript

Functions Write a VBScript function. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, strKeyPath, KEY_QUERY_VALUE, _ bHasAccessRight If bHasAccessRight = True Then [HOST]ine "Have Query Value (https://sobes20.ru/forum/?serial=9315) Access Rights on. Webalizer statistics averages 1009 visits per day as of 03-Feb-2020. RegistryBooster will then repair or remove harmful registry entries to optimize your PC for better performance. HKLM, keyPath, valueNames, types ) = 0 then if isArray( valueNames ) then for i = 0. Method 4: Find Windows 10 Product Key in Registry. To rename a key or value (useful content), delete the key or value (useful content), and then create a new key or value (useful content) with the new name. The State Messaging section of client settings controls a little-known, but key aspect of the Configuration Manager agent. I strongly recommend that, unless you're very sure of what you're doing. Private Function GetKeyInfo(ByVal section As Long. Not a single one has had this key defined. Windows registry but to preserve the "purity" of Java, the code is declared as private so it's not visible.

Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Method 2: Using Script. In the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog box, type 0. Exit Regedit and launch Start Search, type winver in the dialog box. Windows7 PC. ' Now, when you double-click the local script file an alertbox pops up. ' displaying the product key stored in the machine's Windows registry. There will be a similar registry key that looks as follows: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1937564237-1933792563-196172844-1031_Classes Notice it ends in _Classes. Hence, developers normally prefer JavaScript over VBScript. Also, you can look here to learn more about the regread method of the [HOST]. Well, I need to get the RegisteredOrganization value from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and unfortunately Microsoft has a bug where the WOW6432 version of this key always says Microsoft, so a 32 bit application would always return Microsoft as the RegisteredOrganization, regardless of what the user entered when they installed the OS. This is hardly desired. Option Explicit ' This script will remove registry keys and values (check out this site). Hi All, My task: Create VB script to accept PC names from a text file, process each host name to get Registry key value of individual host name and finally export them to a text file or an excel sheet having registry key value against each pc. Set wshShell = CreateObject("[HOST]") ' ' Create a new key: wshShell.